From: Sandra Streeter [mailto:sandrastreeter381@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, Apr 21, 2018 11:48 AM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: trouble changing Googlesearch settings

JAWS 16, i.e. 11. It doesn’t say “slider”, just has the no-link list of
options. Just tried right-arrowing to the desired choice, then entering,
and, as I suspected, didn’t get the desired result.

Yesterday, a friend sent me the link to the Googlesearch page, and I
found the same results. Doing further research before that (I’m like a
dog with a bone—I can’t let it go), I learned that sometimes your cookie
settings can screw things up, so, now wonder if the page doesn’t
represent correctly unless you allow all cookies—though that really
doesn’t make sense, because I have the settings I had when I was able to
make it happen probably a year ago. There may be cookie settings in
CCleaner that do need changing in order for it to work, but I’m having
trouble making changes there, too.

So, any further input from you and others, still appreciated. Until I
can get a “sightee” to look at it and maybe make it happen, I am still
willing to plug away. Thanks!

Sandra

“If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because
he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away.”
(Henry David Thoreau)