moderated Re: Issue with JAWS and MS Word 2010

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Bill,

Doesn't Word 2016 have Print View like it's predecessors?  If so, wouldn't this be the chosen view for best reading?  Just trying to learn a little more about Word 2016 for possible future use.  Thanks much.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: Issue with JAWS and MS Word 2010

Because Word 2016 doesn’t have draft view anymore, but they still call web layout view draft view in the advanced settings. It’s kind of confusing to me, too. You’ll know if you did it right, though, because your pages will come in order instead of only odd numbers.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shannon
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 8:05 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Bill,

Ok I did it and I am pretty sure I got the right check box for the draft view. Geeeeee there a bunch of choices!

Now just a little confused. I just told it to allow viewing in draft mode with the check box. Why do I want to use the F6 and then choose Web layout and not draft? The particular document I had open only had two pages so I am not sure if I did this correctly just yet but I’ll look for a longer one.

Just wondering why draft in one place and web view in the other?

Thanks

Shannon

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 7:41 AM

Hi, Shannon. ALT plus W, 1, makes the entire document one column. This will accomplish what you want, but if you change the default setting to either draft view or Web layout, all new documents you create will remain as a one-page-per-screen document. Plus, if you make one change, such as inserting a blank line, then take it out, change the document to Web Layout, and resave the document, it will open in Web Layout view after that. This is a more permanent solution than ALT plus W, 1. Try it and let me know how it works out. Just remember to press F6 until it says Status Pane. That’s where the print and web layout check boxes are located.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shannon
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 5:30 AM

Hi Bill,

I have this problem too but I use the Alt W and then press 1 to get it to display a single page at a time.

I don’t know what I am actually doing when I do this but it works. I just wish I could get all multi page documents to display in this mannor all the time.

I wish it would be the default. I am using Office 2010 here at work.

Is this what you are doing with your steps?

Will your steps set that behavior as the default for all multi page documents?

Thanks

Shannon

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 10:22 AM

Hi again, Gezim. I left out a step before number 6. After Step 5, press F6, then TAB to the Web View button and press ENTER.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gezim Rexha
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 6:19 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Issue with JAWS and MS Word 2010

Hi list,

When down or up arrowing in a Word document, the cursor skips the next page and moves to the other page, for example from page 1 to page 3. The only way how I can access the next page is to right or left arrow if I know that I am approaching the bottom of the page.

I am facing this issue in my workplace, where I am using the latest JAWS with MS Word 2010, whereas I am not facing this issue on my personal computer, using the latest JAWS with MS Word 2016.

I am looking forward to your advice.

Cheers,

Gezim

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.