moderated Re: Finally got windows 10 and have questions

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Thanks, Debbie, I'll keep checking around.

Have a safe trip!

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Debby Hill
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Finally got windows 10 and have questions

I think it says something like group by,but i can’t check it now because i am on a Greyhound bus. I hate that collapse thing too

Debby
On Apr 18, 2018, at 10:35 AM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:

It says show a conversation not checked. Is that the right place?

Best regards,

Carolyn

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Steve Matzura
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:56 PM

Uncheck the box in the View menu that sets conversational view.

On 4/17/2018 8:53 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
Something interesting, if you use Outlook, it will be 2016. When I bought mine, I got Office 2013, but today, I saw somewhere where this Outlook is 2016. Outlook is OK, only one thing it does that makes no sense to me, and I would disable, if I could, and that is collapse and expand. To me it is nonsense; I do realize that it has a purpose and makes sense to somebody, just not to me. Therefore, if I could eliminate that function, I would immediately.

Best regards,

Carolyn

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Steve Matzura
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:46 PM

Instead of using a browser for email, why not try a regular Windows mail program, like Thunderbird, or Windows Live Mail. I would not, however, recommend the native Windows 10 email client.

Your JAWS will tell you when there is an update, and invite you to download and install it by activating the appropriate button in the dialog. Ditto FSCast podcast episodes.

On 4/17/2018 8:32 PM, Shirley Tracy wrote:
Hi everyone,

I posted earlier I had bought an all-in-one computer, but got chicken and returned it. The one I have set up now is much more powerful--refurbished but works really well.

Here are my questions:

1. Do you all have trouble using EDGE? I generally use Internet Explorer or I used to sometimes use Firefox. When trying to read email today, I discovered that Edge will show me the messages but won't open the links. Is there a JAWS key that will open them? I'm using Roadrunner email through Mail.brighthouse.com. I'm using Internet Explorer right now, but I'd use Edge if it's possible.

2. I installed JAWS 1820 from the disk. I then downloaded the March update from the website. Do I need to download each of the other updates? Or will they be in the March update?
Windows 10 doesn't seem too difficult. It's just the learning curve that makes it seem daunting.

Thank you all for your patience. At least I'm trying to learn. (smile).

Shirley

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.