moderated Re: Finally got windows 10 and have questions

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Not to be off topic but I purchased a chromebook and noticed that even with the built-in screenreader that it doesant do a good job. That is why I will always stick to windows and jaws.
Kenny Peyatt jr.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:55 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Finally got windows 10 and have questions

The Spring update is supposed to bring better access with Edge.
Hopefully they're correct about that. Not being a Chrome fan, I'm very
interested to see what Microsoft does with Edge development and how VFO
and NVDA handle it with their screenreaders.

On 4/17/2018 8:51 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I, for one, wouldn't even think of using Edge, as long as Internet Explorer still will work. Actually, I use Google, but Internet Explorer is the main browser.

Best regards,

Carolyn

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Finally got windows 10 and have questions

Hi everyone,

I posted earlier I had bought an all-in-one computer, but got chicken and returned it. The one I have set up now is much more powerful--refurbished but works really well.

Here are my questions:

1. Do you all have trouble using EDGE? I generally use Internet Explorer or I used to sometimes use Firefox. When trying to read email today, I discovered that Edge will show me the messages but won't open the links. Is there a JAWS key that will open them? I'm using Roadrunner email through Mail.brighthouse.com. I'm using Internet Explorer right now, but I'd use Edge if it's possible.

2. I installed JAWS 1820 from the disk. I then downloaded the March update from the website. Do I need to download each of the other updates? Or will they be in the March update?
Windows 10 doesn't seem too difficult. It's just the learning curve that makes it seem daunting.

Thank you all for your patience. At least I'm trying to learn. (smile).

Shirley

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.