moderated Re: Google Chrome and Facebook

CathyAnne Murtha <cathy@...>

There are keyboard shortcuts you can use in browsers to get to elements of the Facebook website.  I use these commands on the mobile site http://m.facebook.com

These commands are custom to the browser. I reference the keystrokes below:

Each of the keystrokes is preceded by command keys.  These vary by browser.

Use the browser command in conjunction with the access keys for each Facebook element.

For example, the command for Firefox for PC is ALT-SHIFT-#.  Add the access key for messages (4) and ALT-SHIFt-4 opens Facebook messages in Firefox.

The browser commands and access keys are listed below.  I hope this helps!

  • Internet Explorer for PC: ALT-#, then Enter
  • Firefox for PC: ALT-SHIFT-#
  • Safari for Mac: CTRL-OPT-#
  • Firefox for Mac: CTRL-OPT-#
  • Chrome for Mac: CTRL-ALT-#
  • Chrome for PC: ALT-#

Add the above to the following numbers on the number row:

  • Friends 2
  • Notifications 3
  • Messages 4
  • Menu 5
  • Chat 6
  • Settings 7
  • Facebook Policies 8 (Use BACKSPACE to return to the main Facebook interface)

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

Access Technology Institute, LLC

cathy@...