moderated Re: Turning wifi on and off

Dave Durber

Hello Laura:

It depends on which version of Windows you are using. Like me, you are using Windows 7, so, with a bit of luck, your task tray will have the same layout as mine.

Press INSERT+F11, to open the Task Tray.

Press the END key, to  move to the bottom of the list. This is generally where the information about the sound card is located.

Press the UP ARROW key once. on all my Windows 7 systems, this is where the information about the network is displayed.

If you do not have an ethernet wire connected to the computer and the wireless connection is turned off, JAWS will read the information "no connection, you are not connected to any network". If the machine to which you are referring is an HP laptop, the HP laptop keyboard command is usually, FN+F12. This command is a toggle command. If this is the correct keystroke command, Hold this keystroke for 2 or 3 seconds before releasing it, then go into the task tray and if the wireless is turned on, JAWS should tell you the name of the connection to your router.

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2018 11:00 PM
Subject: Turning wifi on and off

Hello,

Could somebody please give me step by step instructions on how to find out if the wifi in my computer is on or off? …… Using Windows 7 and Jaws 16.

Laura

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.