moderated Re: P.S. RE: Question about caps lock

Michal Nowicki

No, you should not lose the functionality of the caps lock. You just have to press it twice quickly to turn it on or off. If you press it only once, or if there is a delay between the first and second press, nothing will happen. Does that make sense?

Michal

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2018 1:37 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: P.S. RE: Question about caps lock

As a P.S. to this question, I now see that, caps lock does not even work as a true caps lock.  I do have JAWS to use caps lock as a modifier key.  Does this mean that I lose the functionality of caps lock altogether?  If that is the case, that makes my login screen issue below even stranger.  It also seems odd that JAWS cannot retain the function of caps lock while also letting it be modifier key; Window Eyes allowed this. Not trying to be critical, but am really confused.  Maybe it’s a good thing if you cannot accidentally turn on caps lock.