moderated Re: Jaws and the MLB TV/Gameday Audio controls

Michal Nowicki

Dennis and All,

I have two additional tips for accessing MLB TV with JAWS. First, the site is no longer optimized for Internet Explorer. When I use IE I get the same sluggish performance Dennis gets, but when I use Chrome, everything loads much faster. MLB customer service confirmed that IE is no longer supported.

Second, I have found it much easier to interact with media players generally by turning off the virtual cursor by pressing JAWS key plus z (insert z in my case and by default). When the virtual cursor is off, you can tab through the page elements, and once you land inside the media player, the spacebar will toggle play/pause, the up and down arrow keys will adjust the volume, and the left and right arrows will rewind and fast forward, respectively. Please let us know if turning off the virtual cursor has this effect in the MLB TV media player.

Best,

Michal