moderated Re: Jaws losing focus

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Press INSERT plus V. In the search box that comes up, type Focus. The result which comes up will be Focus Loss Announcement. Space once to turn it off. TAB to OK, and press ENTER. It will now be off.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2018 9:33 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws losing focus

How do you turn it off?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2018 8:32 AM

Hi, Val. Here's what I do concerning the Lost Focus message. I turn it on for specific applications. I have it off for the Windows configuration, which is what loads when the system first boots up. I keep the Lost Focus message on for any application that requires editing, such as Notepad, Word, Wordpad, HJPad, Outlook, Internet Explorer, etc. This way, if I'm attempting to stay in an edit field, and the window loses focus, I won't waste my time typing into a non-focused window without an edit field.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Steve Nutt
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2018 8:25 AM

Exactly. You don't even need the message, because you know it loses focus every time you boot up.

But it is a personal choice, if you like extra babble, leave it on.

All the best

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Walls
Sent: 13 April 2018 16:38

Val, don't worry about the lack of focus message. My JAWS gives the same message when I turn on the computer and I just press my shortcut keys to open my email and go into Word.

Have a happy day.

Don

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.