moderated Re: JAWS Reading Multiple Words Together in PDF Documents

Rahul Bajaj

thanks, everyone. Just one question: I use JAWS OCR in such situations
sometimes. However, when I paste the result into a word document, it
appears in the form of a table. Is there any way to prevent this?

On 15/04/2018, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...> wrote:
Convenient OCR was introduced in Jaws 2013.
Using the "Recognize with Jaws" option from the context menu is not what I
would call "Opening the PDF". Yes, it will perform the OCR and display the
result in the PDF viewer, but you aren't actually opening the file. I always
try Adobe first and only use the Jaws OCR feature if the document doesn't
read or only partially reads. I get a lot of invoices from supplier and
often they open up and seem accessible but then I sometimes realize it's
only the invoice header and all the information about the products
(description, quantity, price and so on) are missing. If I then bring up
Jaws OCR and let it do its thing I can usually get this information and more
often than not properly presented in a table.

Regards,
Sieghard