moderated Re: JAWS voices

Andrew Diederick

Hello all:
Thank you for the information. I was afraid that everything would have to be done one word at a time. I am not going to correct thousands of words in the jaws dictionary for a vocalizer voice. I hope the makers at freedom scientific never get rid of eloquence.

On Apr 15, 2018, at 9:05 AM, Bill White <billwhite92701@dslextreme.com> wrote:

Hi, Mario. What I am saying is that, even if you put the same entries into the dictionary of the Vocalizer voices as they were in the Elequence voice, they won't be pronounced the same way as they were in Eloquence. This is because the Vocalizer voices pronounce the same groups of letters differently from the way Eloquence pronounces the same groups of letters.

I wasn't saying that there aren't pronunciation dictionaries for the Vocalizer voices, only that you will need to find completely different spellings to make the Vocalizer voices pronounce words the same way they were pronounced with Eloquence.

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2018 8:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS voices

oh yes there is.

start the dictionary manager,
press control+shift+d if you want the changes to apply to all programs
you decide to use,
press tab to skip past the add button,
if the entry you want to "transfer" is in a language folder, arrow to it
and press right arrow to reveal it's entries.),
arrow to the entry you want to transfer,
note that there maybe entries that apply to all languages, which are not
found in any language folder but at the bottom of this list.

tab to and space bar on the change button or just press alt+c,
tab until you get to a language combo box or just press alt+l.
from here, you can make the appropriate changes including the next 2, 3,
or 4 combo boxes by subsequently tabbing to them and making the
appropriate choice,
and finally space barring on the ok button.

unfortunately, I know of no way to "transfer" a group of
words/pronunciations at one shot. it looks like you'll have to do each
one by one. tedious to say the least.

I hope this is what is wanted. good luck.