Re: Firefox Automatic Updates how to turn it off

Mike & Barbara In Arcadia <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Again Cal,

Below are the steps on how to turn off automatic updating in Firefox 3.6.
1. While on the Firefox Home Page, Press Alt + T, for tools, & press the
letter O, for options. You will now be in a List Box.
2. Arrow up or down until you land on the Advanced option.
3. Tab 1 time & you will be in a whole new set of tabs. They are labeled as
follows;
General, Network, Update, & Encryption.
4. Arrow up or down until you land on the update Tab. Tab 1 time & you will
hear, " automatically check for updates to," Firefox, checkbox. If this box
is checked, press the spacebar to uncheck it.
5. Now, tab to okay, press enter, to close, & take you back to the Home
Page.

While tabbing to the okay button you will have noticed that there are some
other important / interesting options in this Update Tab as well.

Hope this helps. Take care.
Mike