From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: 14 April 2018 16:40
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS Reading Multiple Words Together in PDF Documents

The only thing that works for me is OCR--either with JAWS spacebar+insert, then o, then d for document; or Open the .pdf with Openbook. JAWS can't guess where the spaces should be, but OCR knows that there are words.

Good luck!
At 09:07 AM 4/14/2018, you wrote:
I think the sighted are able to read it fine. Converting it into word
is very time-consuming. Is there no other solution?

On 14/04/2018, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:
My experience with PDF documents is that sometimes, while visually
they may look fine, a screen reader will put words together.
Then again, sometimes they are just run together in the PDF.
Try bringing it into Word and see if that helps.
Richard

“The secret is not to make your music louder, but to make the
world quieter.â€