moderated Re: Notepadplusplus

Nino Dagostino

Thank you very much.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Chaffin
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2018 7:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Notepadplusplus

I do not use extremely large text files, but the largest text file that I have ever heard of that has been opened by notepad is 0.5 GB. I do not know anything about the relation of computer hardware.
Now, I have never tested the 0.5 GB myself, just read about it a few years ago.

I also read somewhere about notepad having a limit on total lines in the file. Do not remember what that number was, just know that it was over a million.

Hope this helps,

Chris

On Apr 9, 2018, at 2:14 PM, Mario <mrb620@...> wrote:

Chris, it's not a big deal, but do you know if Notepad has a maximum
limit to how big of a text file can be opened? results from
researching says it is basically limited by the computer’s hardware
configuration (how much memory, hard drive capacity, etc.). the
largest I found was mentioned to be 512 MB but was theoretically estimated to be 16 TB.
I also noted that the larger the file is, the longer it takes Notepad
to open it, and the length of time depends on other technical specs of
the computer used.