From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Tuesday, 10 April 2018 4:07 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws 2018 settings backup

Hi Tom,

Here's a tip on installing Jaws on a new computer, especially since it's suggested to have more than one version of Jaws installed.  If you're going to install multiple versions of Jaws, start by installing the earlier versions first.  i.e, install Jaws 17, then install Jaws 18, & then install Jaws 2018, but do not authorize until you install the latest version, Jaws 2018.  By waiting to authorize until the latest version, authorizing this version will authorize the earlier versions at the same time.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.

Sent: Monday, April 09, 2018 4:36 AM

If you install Jaws on a new system you do have to activate it, you can do this by inserting your authorization disk or by manually typing in your authorization key (I have mine saved where I can quickly find it, then I simply copy and paste into the appropriate field). As many computers don’t have DVD drives any more entering it manually might be your only option, I think it’s a 20-digit code.

Once Jaws is installed and authorized you can definitely restore your Settings from a backup.

Regards,

Sieghard