moderated Re: new to Jaws

Dan Longmore

Tom,

Wow,  I am in PA and here we have a department with VR just for assisting blind and visually impared with work, training and the like.  Does your state have such a department?  Most do.  Also, if your former employer did not attempt to make reasonable accomadations  for your work, such as purchasing ZT for your job, then they have violated the federal “reasonable accommodation act” under ADA.  Many employers are either not aware of the law or hope you are not. 

I had partial sight until 2014 and then went totally blind and made the jump to JAWS.  There was and is a learning curve but there are many helps within the program and I have basically trained myself.  It gets easier with practice.  Give yourself time to work with Fusion.

Dan

If I can be of more help you can private message me

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Coburn
Sent: Friday, April 6, 2018 9:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: new to Jaws

hi everyone,

I have a Fusion 11 home license that i want to upgrade to fusion 2018,  but i don’t have the $200 all at once,  because I lost my job in february.

i lost my job with DXC technologies because the place i worked for took zoomtext off my computer.  I had a corporate workstation & company wouldmt pay the bill for a corporate license.   how much does the corporate license cost?   I don’t even know they wouldn’t tell me for sure?  

anyway,  this just goes to prove fusion is the perfect priduct for me because i have a smidgen of sight left but not enough to read print anymore.  i mean i can at very high magnification levels but i really need speech to distingquish beteeen 8’s & 6’s & some other letters & numbers. I’ve been trying to make the transition from zoomtext to jaws but jaws is still very confusing to me.   do you guys have any suggestions how to make the transition easier?  even with a fusion 11 home license i know zoomtext real well but Jaws I don’t really get at all & I don’t know where to go for help especially now that I’m unemployed and VR won’t help me.

VR has this new stupid rule that blindness no longer enough disabled to be a VR client no more so no one will help me.  

thanks, 

Tom Coburn

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.