moderated Re: new to Jaws

Jonas Voll

Jaws key + 1 will turn on your Jaws help!

Jonas Voll
Support Technician I
Envision, Inc.
2301 S Water ST
Wichita, KS 67213
O: 316-425-7141
F: 316-267-4312
www.envisionus.com

Envision: To improve the quality of life and provide inspiration and opportunity for people who are blind or visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education and research.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: Friday, April 6, 2018 9:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: new to Jaws

Hi tom!  Your copy of Fusion came with JAWS training materials that are absolutely free.  These training materials are complete with audio and html which will allow you to follow along with the instructor.  When in JAWS, go to your help menu, and find the option that says Training.  When you click on it, your FS reader should open, and you will find a list of training materials there.  If they don’t reside on your computer now, you can download them for free.  I hope this information is helpful, and good luck with learning JAWS.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Coburn
Sent: Friday, April 6, 2018 9:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: new to Jaws

hi everyone,

I have a Fusion 11 home license that i want to upgrade to fusion 2018,  but i don’t have the $200 all at once,  because I lost my job in february.

i lost my job with DXC technologies because the place i worked for took zoomtext off my computer.  I had a corporate workstation & company wouldmt pay the bill for a corporate license.   how much does the corporate license cost?   I don’t even know they wouldn’t tell me for sure?  

anyway,  this just goes to prove fusion is the perfect priduct for me because i have a smidgen of sight left but not enough to read print anymore.  i mean i can at very high magnification levels but i really need speech to distingquish beteeen 8’s & 6’s & some other letters & numbers. I’ve been trying to make the transition from zoomtext to jaws but jaws is still very confusing to me.   do you guys have any suggestions how to make the transition easier?  even with a fusion 11 home license i know zoomtext real well but Jaws I don’t really get at all & I don’t know where to go for help especially now that I’m unemployed and VR won’t help me.

VR has this new stupid rule that blindness no longer enough disabled to be a VR client no more so no one will help me.  

thanks, 

Tom Coburn

SonicWall identified this message as clean.
To manage your junk mail go to https://nospam.envisionus.com 
and 
logon with your domain userid and password.
If you consider this email to be spam please forward it to 
'spam@...'

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer system.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.