moderated Re: Thunderbird Weirdness in the Message Pane

Steve Matzura

I think I fixed it, but I don't know how or why. I changed my view from classic to vertical. Now, everything reads correctly in the F6 window. It may have been set to vertical view when I installed it, but somehow I changed it to classic view. I absolutely do not remember how, why, or when.

On 4/3/2018 9:09 AM, Steve Matzura wrote:
On 4/3/2018 7:26 AM, Tom wrote:

Go into View, arrow down to something like, show message body as,  and press enter.  Here there is a list of file types and you probably have it set to display messages in text so change it to simple html and hopefully your problem is fixed.

Sorry to report it didn't solve the problem. In fact, I tried all three choices--original HTML, simple HTML, and text. However, I have noticed that if a message has no links in it, that's when I get a no-content message body in the message pane (F6). The workaround for now is to open the message by pressing ENTER, reading the message as if I had pressed F6 when it worked correctly, then pressing Control-W to close that window. Annoying, but it does work until I figure out what I broke (LOL).