moderated Re: help required for remembering passwords

kevin meyers <kman2020@...>

I actually keep my user id's, password and the associated site on a spread sheet. And no the spread sheet is not on my laptop. I have it on two flash drives. One of the flash drives is hidden. The other one is just in a drawer. Just my method and I feel it is easier to update a spread sheet.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jennifer Jackson
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2018 7:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: help required for remembering passwords

Val, a password is better than no password at all. So just do what you can today. Maybe generate 1 good password and use it universaly.

Do you have a technically inclined person you trust and can delegate this task too? That person could walk you through getting it set up, and then you can record that password information in braille or on your Olympas recorder.

Maybe also consider breaking this into small daily chunks. Day 1 create a password or download a password manager. Day 2 set up password for 1 account, or set up your information in the password manager.

I currently keep my account information in a small ringed binder that holds small sheets of braille paper. I keep it with a slate and styles in my tote bag.

That is what works for me right now. You need a system that works for you. Be gentle with yrself, especially during these difficult times.

Jennifer j

On Mar 31, 2018, at 3:27 PM, Gudrun Brunot <gbrunot@...> wrote:

Of course nobody thinks you're ungrateful or are causing a stir. People just react at certain things we express, and that reaction can be far from what we intended. Onward and upward.

Gudrun