moderated Re: help required for remembering passwords

Val Paul

Hi Guys!

that's the trouble, i can never think of one which you could say was master secure, and if i did, i'd probably have forgotten it about 10 minutes later.

Val.

On 31/03/2018 16:49, Steve Matzura wrote:
Tom, unfortunately you're correct, which is why you mitigate the risk by making that master password very ver'r'r'ry secure. Granted, there's risk in everything when it comes to password management, but since there are so many ways a password, even a long one, can be obfuscated, it pays to remember just one fancy one instead of half a hundred shorter ones. Substituting punctuation symbols for letters is a common method, and since there are so many symbols and so many ways to use and combine them, even brute-force attacks won't be of much use.

On 3/31/2018 11:26 AM, Tom Behler wrote:
Steve:

Perhaps I'm old and not as informed as I should be, but my problem with these password manager programs is that if someone somehow gets your credentials, they will suddenly have access to all of your passwords.

If I'm in error about this, please let me know.

Tom Behler