moderated Re: Free and Accessible Tax preparation software?

Barbara <batterseye@...>

I have used the IRS Free file program for years.  I have found the web sites very accessible.  One aspect which may not be accessible is if a photo of a W-2 is shown and you are expected to fill it in.  Keep to the Q and A and it should work.  Note if you also need to file a state income tax return, the rules vary for free filing there.  For example, in my state, to get free file for both tax returns, I must enter the system through the state portal.  I get to the same places, but all is free instead of going through the IRS web site.  Good luck.

Barbara

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Portillo
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 6:34 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Free and Accessible Tax preparation software?

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if anyone here has used or knows of any good and free tax preparation software that works well with JAWS.  I have a super easy w2 form for tax purposes, and I’d hate to go somewhere to be charged for doing taxes if I can do it online.  I just don’t know of any good and easy software that can walk me through the tax prep process.

If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jim