moderated Re: sticky keys

Joseph Hudson <jhud7789@...>

It will not stay stuck, and less you punch it twice. That is what needs to be pointed out for sure. If you only had it once, you will have to go back and punch the insert key again along with what ever number you're wanting to press. So with multiple functionalities, you will have to hit insert twice and then go punch whatever keys you're wanting to impress.
Joseph Hudson

Email
jhud7789@gmail.com
I device support
Telephone
2543007667
Skype
joseph.hudson89
facebook
Twitter
https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

FaceTime/iMessage
jhud7789@yahoo.com

On Mar 27, 2018, at 8:16 PM, Mike Rogers <harpman9@gmail.com> wrote:

After you press the sticky key, it stays stuck and you can press f12 to get the time, as well as use it with the other f number keys that go with insert.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 19:00:54 -0500
"Ann Byrne" <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Can you then press insert, followed by f12 to read the time?

With sticky keys on, should you be able to press ctrl, then f4 to close a document, or alt, then f4 to close a program?
At 06:11 PM 3/27/2018, you wrote:
I use the insert sticky key. Here's the directions I recieved.

Hi everyone,

The way I have chosen to deal with the awkwardness of having to use
the Insert key on the Numpad is to enable the setting for the Insert
key to behave as a sticky key.
This way, when you want to invoke key combinations which require a
key on the right side of the keyboard, say Insert-F12, you can
simply press either one of the Insert keys, release the Insert key,
and then press the key you need.
I believe this is preferable to using the Capslock key.
This is found in the Settings Center (Insert-6).
First, after arriving in the Setting Center, press Control-Shift-D
to load the global settings.
Then, expand the User node, and arrow to Insert key mode.
By default, it is unchecked, and so you would check it by pressing
spacebar on it.
Incidentally, you can tab once after focusing any option to jump
into the description pane and read the details for any setting, and
you can use up and down arrows to read all the information available.
Finally, tab to Ok to apply and save your settings and close the dialog.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 17:01:26 -0500
"Ann Byrne" <annakb@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

My student who has only one useable hand has asked me about
sticky keys. Which keys stick and which do not? As I remember,
JAWSkey is not a sticky key, and something strange always happened
when I press ctrl.

Information would be helpful to us both.

thanks,

Ann