moderated Re: OCR software which works with jaws

paul lemm

Hi,

Thanks for that, I would have tried saving to a JPG if you hadn’t said that, which sounds like it wouldn’t have worked since I’m running jaws 18. I’ll see if I can get my scanner to save it as a PDF instead and try and get Jaws to read it like that. Thanks

Paul

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: 23 March 2018 15:37
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: OCR software which works with jaws

Jaws Convenient OCR actually has been part of Jaws since version 13 so for about 6 years. In version 2018 it has been expanded to handle not just PDF image files, but also JPG and other formats. If you have a scanner you can scan any document, save it in PDF or JPG (most scanners nowadays probably save as PDF) and then use Jaws OCR on that file to recognize it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave...
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 8:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: OCR software which works with jaws

Paul,

Do you have JAWS 2018? If so, you should already have a built-in JAWS OCR capability.

Dave
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and Pioneer

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 08:12

Subject: OCR software which works with jaws

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend any good OCR software I can use to scan documents and turn them into text for Jaws to use. Not sure if there are any free OCR programs out there, if there are fantastic , but if not I’d be happy to look at paid versions to

Paul

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.