moderated Re: JAWS / VFO & Getting Updated From Older Versions To The Latest

Dave Durber

Hello Mike:

If companies today, provided the same level of training to all their representatives and made sure that all their representatives new how to do their jobs properly, you should get the same information about their products and services, no matter the representative who speaks to you.

When I worked in a Housing advice center for a local authority in the UK during the 1980's, all of us who were advisors, received the same training and, further more, you were not allowed to advise the public, until you could prove you new and understood the advice you would have to give, no matter the questions you might be asked. Sadly that is not the case any more.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2018 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: JAWS / VFO & Getting Updated From Older Versions To The Latest

Hi Cristóbal,

I know exactly what you mean, & how you & many others feel.  I don't want to mention the particular employees name because I don't want this person to lose their job if it is indeed a mistake.  But, I asked this person why others sales people make this offer, & this person said because it all depends on who you talk to to get this deal.  So, I'm inclined to believe that it might not be something that most will offer, but I just happened to catch the right person at the right time, with the right situation.  I upgraded a person that is elderly, a low fixed income, & no way in hell of ever getting upgraded if it wasn't for several things coming together, but most of all, this offer I couldn't let pass!
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2018 11:06 AM

Hi Mike,

To be clear, while I’m current with my Jaws and thus this wouldn’t really affect me, I’d like for this to be true since it would help people in general.

I’m just skeptical in that it’s only one VFO person who said this where even the whisper of such a program hasn’t really been brought up before.

Like I said, I’m more inclined to think that there may have been some misinformation given out by one rep, but I’d be happy to be proven wrong.

I guess it can be an incentive to get more folks current so they and VFO can in turn get away from older OS’s like Vista and Windows 7, but on the other hand, if an upgrade is so cheap, where’s the incentive to stay current in the first place? I remember having to shell out around $440 to catch up on a two or three cycle upgrade back in the day. So yeah, that wasn’t fun.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2018 10:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi Cristóbal,

I have the receipt to prove the transaction took place.

Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Sent: Monday, March 19, 2018 9:54 AM

I was about to say… While this sounds like a great deal, my first inclination is to believe that the lady was either confused by the query or simply didn’t know what she was talking about. As was mentioned in the original message, she was a Windows Eyes refugee. So who knows, maybe she just wasn’t’ up on her training. That or perhaps she was confuddled with a CSUN offer that may be going on right now.

I’m going to guess that Eric Damery if not overwhelmed with the CSUN stuff this week will chime in on this thread to clarify either way.

Most likely is that this is probably too good to be true and customer service staff (mainly Window Eyes transplants) are going to be sent a memo regarding the same.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2018 7:14 AM

Hi, Mike. I just called VFO to inquire about this new plan, whereby people who have gotten behind in their upgrades for the home version could upgrade to the latest version of JAWS for $200. The lady I spoke with at VFO disputed this. Can you give more information as to the person with whom you spoke?

Thank you.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2018 8:45 PM
Subject: JAWS / VFO & Getting Updated From Older Versions To The Latest

Hi All,

The other day I called VFO / Freedom Scientific to see if they had any new financial plans for people that had gotten way behind because of financial difficulties, & wanted to get upgraded / updated to the latest version.  Well, to my surprise what I found out was absolutely fantastic!  A friend needed to be updated because he was at Jaws 11 & he needed to be upgraded to be compatible with the Windows 7 system he is moving to from XP.  Okay to cut this short, I found out people can be upgraded from Jaws 11 to Jaws2018 for $200.00.  The lady I talked to was a Window Eyes transplanted employee & she didn't know how long this financial plan had been in place.  So for all you that need to be upgraded but have financial difficulty, don't be afraid to call & inquire about new financial / payment plans!  This $200.00 plan is only for the Home versions.

Sales Phone#: 1-800-444-4443

Sennt from my iBarstool.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.