From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Sandoval
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 12:37 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Connecting Braille-Edge 40 With Screen Readers and iDevices

Peter,

First I’m assuming that you are trying to connect it via USB?

If so make sure that the switch on the left side of the Edge is forward, or switched away from the braille B. The other piece of advice is that you always want the Edge in terminal mode before activating Jaws. Jaws will not recognize the Edge if connected when Jaws is already loaded. This is an annoying quirk with Jaws.

As for pairing it to her iPhone, start by switching the switch on the left side toward the braille B, or toward the back of the device. Again make sure the Edge is in Terminal Mode. Next, go to Settings, General, Accessibility, VoiceOver, Braille, and double tap on the Edge in this list. You will be prompted for a pairing code on the phone, enter 0000(that’s four zeros) and double tap Pair in the upper right corner. I advise that she uses the phone with a Bluetooth connection and USB connection for the computer.

I hope this helps, I wrote this in a hurry, but I wanted to assist you.

Paul Sandoval

Blind Tech Training

Expanding Possibilities Using Technology

720-620-8007