Re: Dodos are actually digicams, so ...

David & his pack of dogs

This message was found in my spam folder.  I thought it was something entirely different. Don and al, if you want a fire to go out, don’t put gas on it. 

David & his pack of dogs. Benny, Sheena both no longer with us, Champ, Kendra, Richie, and Carmine.

From The Diamond Touch dog Rehabilitation Centre. Privacy Disclaimer This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited.

1-844-21PUPPY   

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Walls
Sent: March 9, 2018 8:50 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Dodos are actually diricals, so ...

Yes, this is quite off topic and out of the perameters of this list.  Why waste our time with it?

Don

Sent: Friday, March 9, 2018 6:25 AM

Subject: Dodos are actually diricals, so ...

Hello,

This is totally off topic, but the dodo bird is actually something called a diricawl. Of course, that last bird name might be spelled incorrectly, but look it up when you can/FBWFT. Look this up as well/good book but can’t say any more for fear of being kicked off list. My thread ends here!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of John Gurd via Groups.Io <j.gurd@...>
Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2018 3:29:21 PM
Subject: Re: password manager programs that work with jfw

So is it still possible to buy version 4  of 1Password or has it gone the way of the Dodo?

John

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: 08 March 2018 14:29
Subject: Re: password manager programs that work with jfw

Quick and easy answer: you can't, because it doesn't. Version 4 is not cloud-based, which is why I got it. The more I can stay out of the proverbial cloud, the better. That's the reason why version 6 is subscription-based. You're paying that monthly fee for somebody to maintain your password vault on somebody else's server, which, in my unhumble opinion, is a compromise. I don't like, never have liked, the idea that cloud-based backup means you give your data to somebody else to hold for you, somebody you don't know and think you should trust just because they say you should. Take this to its ultimate extreme, and you'd be right in saying that I don't like banks either. Having worked for two for twenty-six years, what goes on behind the teller's window could fill a book. Yes, they pay you for the privilege of parking your money there, but the things for which that money is used, and how the return on your loan of that money to the bank, called and investment, is gotten, well, it'd curl your hair. It sure curled mine! So keep your data out of the cloud as much as you can. Back up your password vault and give it to a relative to hold, or someone else whom you can really trust, someone who won't charge you for the service.

On 3/7/2018 9:04 AM, John Gurd via Groups.Io wrote:
> Hi Steve
> I already use 1Password on IOS and like it. But when I went to get it for Windows the only paid version I can find is a subscription version where there is a monthly charge paid annually. I am happy to pay, but only once. Where do I get the version without the extra features, and can it still sync with my IOS version using iCloud?
>
> John
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve
> Matzura
> Sent: 07 March 2018 13:09
> To: main@jfw.groups.io
> Subject: Re: password manager programs that work with jfw
>
> No, it is not free. There are two versions,.Verion 4 keeps your passwords in a  encrypted file locally. Version 6 is cloud-based.
>
>
> In 1Password, when a appsword is entered on a Website, 1Password
> displayws a dialg asking whether it should save that password. If
> that's what you want, you enter the master unlock password, then
> 1Password prompts you with a name under which to save the Web
> password. This name is usually the address of the Website for which
> the password is required. You can accept the default, or type any name
> you wish, then press ENTER. The way you get 1Password to enter
> passwords for you is by pressing CTRL plus BACKSLASH. 1Password
> prompts for the master unlock password, you enter it, and 1Password does the rest.
>
>
> On 3/7/2018 12:07 AM, Jed Barton wrote:
>> Hey guys.
>> OK, so with 1 password, say i have something bookmarked in favorites,
>> i go to that web page, how do i save it in 1password?  I'm assuming
>> it's a free program?
>> The accessibility pretty good?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jed
>>
>> On 3/6/18, Steve Matzura <number6@...> wrote:
>>> 1Password.
>>>
>>>
>>> On 3/6/2018 12:05 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
>>>> Hey guys,
>>>> Any good programs out there for managing passwords with jfw? We've
>>>> all delt with this.  You go to a website and they make you put in a
>>>> crazy password, (not a bad thing) but then you for get.  Sound familiar?
>>>> Any good ideas would be welcome.
>>>>
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> Jed
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.