Re: Converting audible audio books from pc to sd card

Kimber Gardner

You do need an sd card to download books to the victr stream as the stream has no internal storage of its own.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

The happy ending still beckons, and it is in the hope of grasping it that we go on.—Annie Proulx

On Mar 7, 2018, at 3:58 AM, Val Paul <vpcara79@...> wrote:

Hi Paul!

Don't worry about any of these things. I was just being nosy about the drive, and have managed to install the audoble app to my pc, and play my books on the amazon echo.

I've seen a smart phone advertized on the nib site, so might have a look at it.

Someone said you can download audoble books on to the victor streme, but i'd have thought you'd still need a sd cart to be able to do this.

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know, pc's brill and a lot quicker since Sunday.

Thanks a lot.

Val.

On 06/03/2018 22:43, paul lemm wrote:
Hi Val,

Ah, yep not having a smart phone will definitely make downloading the app difficult haha. I used to have a program for converting audible books, but I don't have it any more and can't remember the name or where I got it, so I'm afraid  I'm not much help on that front. Regarding the drive thing, it actually wasn't me that posted that, I saw the post the person sent you ,  I think it was regarding solid state drives, but it definitely wasn't me that sent it. But what they are talking about is replacing your hard drive, this would mean actually opening  up your PC and physically removing the internal drive and replacing it with a solid state drive. I'm almost sure this would void any warranty you have on your lap top, plus it’s a pretty  difficult procedure  to do , definitely not something I'd try myself. You may find you already have a solid state drive anyway, as I think newer laptops often do, but I have no idea how you check this. Again sorry I couldn't be more help on that either.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Val Paul
Sent: 06 March 2018 21:48
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Converting audible audio books from pc to sd card

Hi Paul!

Nice to hear from you again. Got a problem, haven't got a smart or eyephone, just the old fashioned nokia n82.

You sent a message the other day about a drive you can get to help speed up your computer, what was it, and where can you get it or download it.

Val.

On 06/03/2018 21:41, paul lemm wrote:
Hi Val,

If you have a smart phone, you can download the audible app. I've only tried the IOS version for iPhone, but that’s really accessible  and i'm sure I've heard the android version is good too. Once you've downloaded the app and logged in you can see all your books and listen to them through the app, I use it all the time for listening to my audible books

Paul
-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Val Paul
Sent: 06 March 2018 13:23
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Converting audoble audio books from pc to sd card

Hi!

Can anyone tell me how to convert an audoble audio book from the audoble app on pc to sd card?

I also have a USB cd drive, which can copy books on to mp3 cd discs.

Thanks.

Val.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.