Re: upgrading jaws

Brice Mijares <bricemijares@...>

Last time I did that, I had 2 different versions on my system. Is there no way to update over an existing version?

Upgrading from one version to another cannot be done via the Check for Updates function since any new version is installed independently from your previous version. You simply go to the FS website, click on Downloads, then Jaws and download the latest version, then press enter on the download file, press the spacebar to agree to the terms and then press enter. After the install is done you press enter once and then a second time to let the computer restart.
*From:* main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Marianne Denning
*Sent:* Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:41 AM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: upgrading jaws
Are you trying to update your version of JAWS or go to a more recent version of JAWS? If you are on JAWS 18 and want to go to JAWS 2018 you don't use update manager. At least, that is not how I do it.
On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 12:26 PM, Brice Mijares <bricemijares@att.net <mailto:bricemijares@att.net>> wrote:
Is the update manager in Jaws broke? every time I try to use it, it
says my copy is up to date. Also, if I must download it from freedom
scientific, how do I go about installing it over the present
installation? I am fairleyy new to Jaws, been using NVDA for the
past year. ThanksĀ  in advance.
--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053