JAWS losing place & going to sleep

Denise J Moses

When I ALT tab between a web page & a word document JAWS doesn’t keep my place on the web page when I return.  Is there a setting to stop this?  I am reading scriptures & want to take notes & then continue reading but it goes usually to the bottom of the page.

Also when I’m in a word document & I pause for a few seconds it is like JAWS goes to sleep.  I have to arrow up & down to read the line or continue typing.  Is there a setting to fix this & why does it do this?

These things happened when I got a new computer & updated Office & JAWS.  I am currently using Windows 10, Office 2016 & Internet Explorer & JAWS 2018

Thank you.

Denise