Re: Attention Quentin or Joseph, Personal Accounting Package accessible with Jaws

Paul Hunt <prhunt1@...>

Hello. I’m a former Quicken Deluxe user and switched to Moneytalks. Moneytalks is self voicing so you don’t need JAWS to use it. I don’t use the download feature. I enter my transactions manually and clear them when they clear my bank. I imported my Quicken transactions to get started. The check writing feature also works very well.

On Mar 4, 2018, at 12:22 PM, ely.r@... wrote:

Afternoon,

I used Quicken successfully for years. I had lost my install and purchased the newest version that turn out to be an accessibility nightmare.

In looking about, what I ended up doing was purchasing Money Talks the APH product that self-voices or works with JAWS, but have not tried it with NVDA, but will and report back. To be honest, since I made that purchase I have not given it the time I should. However it does allow for download of bank account information and lets one do basic checkbook and savings account management.

Your note made me think to look at Quick Books accessibility and the search turned up an older article at AFB’s Access World. The link is at:

http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pubnew.asp?DocID=aw150502

It was promising but dated 2014. It mentioned the joint work done by Intuit and  Blind Spot . Reference to Blind Spot is at:

Clearly Quick Books is more than I need and its pricey.  At the Blind Spot I went to their store to see about the scripts and training materials

You can purchase the following there.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2018, My Blind Spot JAWS scripts for Quickbooks, and Support Materials

$525.00

Under FAQs I found:

14) Where can I get the NVDA version of the scripts?

NVDA QuickBooks Accessibility Initiative

Seems a lot to keep my checking account balanced.

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road

Florence, MA 01062