Re: An Excel Question

Joe DiNero

I am aware of reading the columns and rows which is not the issue. Let me explain in a little more detail I have a 150 row spreadsheet that I use to prepare annual budgets with a multiple subtotal areas for various income/expense categories. I used to use split screens to view one area of the spreadsheet while viewing another area simultaneously I can still split the screen with menus however I don’t know how to tab back and forth between those 2 split areas. Hopefully that makes sense

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Paul Hunt
Sent: Sunday, March 4, 2018 6:35 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: An Excel Question

Hello. There’s a way to modify your spreadsheets so that JAWS reads the row and column titles as you navigate. Dan Clark did a daisy book on this feature. It’s in the JAWS training materials. I use this feature in my spreadsheets.

Paul

On Mar 3, 2018, at 6:02 PM, Joe DiNero <joedinero68@...> wrote:

Good Evening

A quick question on Excel. I am prefacing this by saying that I was a low vision user before so I am not sure you can do this with JAWS. I work sometimes with big spreadsheets where changes at the top have an impact on cells in the bottom and when I am verifying that all formulas are correct I used to use a split screen. Is there a way to navigate back and forth between those screens with a JAWS keystroke? There is a workaround that I can do by making copies of the workbook but if I can use the split screen I would prefer it.

Thanks for any help

Joe