From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Angus
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2018 9:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Skeduler for turning computer on and off

Hi Nino

sorry forgot to answer your original question, how to turn the computer off

this is the way I do it, others may have a better way.

Open the command prompt,

then lets say I want the computer to turn off in 2 hours,

I have to work out the amount of seconds this is,

so 2 hours is 120 minutes then I times 120 by 60 to give me the seconds.

= 7200 seconds

so now I type the below string into the command prompt

shutdown /s /t 7200

then press enter, & this will turn the computer off in 2 hours

note the spaces between the switches, example,

shutdown is the command

/s is a switch telling the computer to turn off,

example, /r tells the computer to restart

now /t tells it to turn off after the amount of seconds you have entered after the /t

so I spose t for time

so if you type in the command prompt

shutdown /s /t 60

the computer will shutdown in sixty seconds

hope this helps

Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2018 8:55 PM

Every version of Windows back to at least XP,maybe even further, has a program called Task Scheduler. You can certainly add a task to shut the machine down in there. Starting it again, though, I don't think is possible. In fact, I'd go out on a limb to say it is absolutely positively not possible. Think about it: How would a device that's quiet, not taking power, not responsive to any stimuli either internal or external, know, or be told by some external force, that it's time to turn on?

On 2/28/2018 7:45 PM, Nino Dagostino wrote:

Hi:

Do you know if they make a skeduler to turn off the computer at a certain time.

I download podcasts but I don’t want to sit here until they all download.

I was hoping that there would be a way to shut the computer down at acertain time?

Any help would be appreciated.