Re: Unabel to Change or Select Options On Google Search Settings Page

chris hallsworth <christopherh40@...>

You can not only read the recognized text but interact with it as well.

Christopher H

On 13/12/2011 16:00, Gerald Levy wrote:

I don't understand how using the JAWS 13 OCR feature would enable me to
select the various options on the Search Settings page. There are still
no radio boxes to make your selection, and I still wouldn't be able to
activate the Save button. I can't even change the options on this page
using NVDA 2011.3 or SA to Go, so it is not just a JAWS issue.

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Edenhofer" <kc2mxg@roadrunner.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:13 AM
Subject: Re: Unabel to Change or Select Options On Google Search
Settings Page

Gerald, you'll need to download and install jaws 13 in order to do
this! because jaws 13 has the OCR feature!

-----Original Message----- From: Gerald Levy
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:28 AM
To: Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: Unabel to Change or Select Options On Google Search Settings
Page

Hi list. Using JAWS 9 and IE 8, I am somehow no longer able to change
or select any options on the Google search settings page under options
on the Google home page. For example, under the heading Google Instant
Predictions, the words On and Off are displayed, but there is
apparently no way to select either of these options. Under the Results
Per Page heading, the numbers 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 100 are shown,
but there is no way to select the option you want. And when I hit
Space or Enter on the Save Preferences button, nothing happens. I have
cookies enabled, so that's not the issue. JAWS announces that there
are no check boxes or radio boxes on the page. I never had problems
with the Google Search Settings page before. Previously, the settings
could be changed by selecting the appropriate check box or radio box,
but JAWS either no longer recognizes these boxes on the Search
Settings page, or they have otherwise been eliminated. Did Google
change the Search Settings page so that it is no longer JAWS
accessible? Or am I missing something? Can someone explain what the
heck is going on with the Google Search Settings page? Thanks for any
help.

Gerald