Re: Skeduler for turning computer on and off

Steve Matzura

Every version of Windows back to at least XP,maybe even further, has a program called Task Scheduler. You can certainly add a task to shut the machine down in there. Starting it again, though, I don't think is possible. In fact, I'd go out on a limb to say it is absolutely positively not possible. Think about it: How would a device that's quiet, not taking power, not responsive to any stimuli either internal or external, know, or be told by some external force, that it's time to turn on?

On 2/28/2018 7:45 PM, Nino Dagostino wrote:

Hi:

Do you know if they make a skeduler to turn off the computer at a certain time.

I download podcasts but I don’t want to sit here until they all download.

I was hoping that there would be a way to shut the computer down at acertain time?

Any help would be appreciated.