Hi Kevin!

Unfortunately, he hasn't got the review now, but said if he comes across it or anything like it he'll forward it to me, and i'll post it to the list. He said if only he'd known afew weeks ago, he'd have forwarded it on to me.

Val.

On 27/02/2018 18:14, Kevin Hourigan wrote:
Hello Val,
Any chance he could forward it to you to post here?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Val Paul
Sent: February 27, 2018 10:08 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: computer slow just after logging in

Hi!

Got my nephew here at the moment, and he was telling me that he recently read an article giving windows defender very poor reviews!

On 27/02/2018 17:59, netbat66 wrote:
eset disables windows depender and microsoft essentials when it is
running so you don't have two running at the same time.
***
this is just one of many web pages.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/windows-defender,review-2209.html

windows defender is not complete. it does not support any non
microsoft products.
there is no protection if you are useing firefox or chrom or third
party email clients at all unless they are made by microsoft.
from this web site it says most other free anti virus programs do a
better job too.
-----Original Message----- From: Val Paul
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

She did check that, but windows defender wasn't on.

On 27/02/2018 05:28, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
On the other hand there is no good reason to pay for anti virus
software since Microsoft comes with very good free anti virus
protections in the form of Windows Defender. I assume the person from
the Disability Help Desk would have checked this, but make sure you
don't have both Microsoft Defender and Eset NOD32 running since this
could definitely cause problems.