Re: Speech on Demand
Bill White <billwhite92701@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi, Tom. JAWS should not say Speech Off. It should say Speech Mute. If you press INSERT plus SPACE, S again, it should say Full Speech.
Try the following.
1. Open JAWS Settings Center.
2. In the search box, type the word speech.
3. Arrow down to Speech options, and press ENTER.
4. Open Speech Options with Right Arrow.
5. Arrow down to Less Speech Options
6. When you Arrow down to Less Speech Options, if it says Speech Mute, press Space once.
7. It will say Speech On Demand.
8. TAB to the OK box and press ENTER.
Now, when you press JAWS key plus SPACE, S, it should toggle between Full Speech and Speech On Demand.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2018 6:15 PM
Subject: Speech on Demand
Thanks to all those who offered suggestions regarding my speech on demand problem under Jaws .78.
In an attempt to fix the problem, the following steps have been done:
The Jaws repair function was run a couple of times including after downloading a new .exe file.
Unfortunately, although everything else in this version of Jaws seems to be working well, there has not been any improvement.
Pressing insert, spacebar then s gives just 2 options, speech on or speech off.
Pressing insert, spacebar shift s no longer seems to give any feedback at all.
There are some options under Settings Centre, Speech Options that seem to deal with the Speech on Demand feature but, being a recent convert to Jaws from WE,I don’t know what to change or leave alone. So, I may just have to leave it all as is for a while.