Re: speech on demand

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Thanks Mike,

Tom

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, 25 February 2018 3:15 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: speech on demand

Hi Tom,

To add to what Sieghard has stated, you can go into the Settings Center & adjust options under the Speech Options heading.

Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2018 9:08 PM

Speech on demand only makes sense if you use a braille display (at least as far as I am concerned).

Yes, Jaws Key+Spacebar followed by S toggles between speech on demand and full speech.

If you want the old behaviour back where this keystroke toggles between Speech and Mute you have to first toggle from full speech to speech on demand.

Now press Jaws Key+Spacebar followed by Shift+S and Jaws will say “Speech offset to Speech Mute”.

If you now press Jaws Key+Spacebar followed by S it will toggle between full speech and mute.

In order to go back to Speech on Demand you have to Mute Speech, then again press Jaws Key+Spacebar followed by Shift+S.

Jaws will say “Speech offset to speech on demand”.

If you try the Jaws Key+Spacebar with Shift+S when you are in full speech mode Jaws will say “not available in full speech mode”.

Regards,

Sieghard