Re: configuring Outlook 2016 with an Outlook.com account

Francisco Salvador Crespo

In the meantime, if anybody can't get sighted assistance, the Microsoft disability answer desk can be reached by phone at +18009365900

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 24 feb 2018, a las 15:40, mnowicki.transactional@gmail.com escribió:

Mario,

This inaccessible window also pops up in the configuration of Exchange accounts, such as most work and school accounts. We should report the issue to both FreedomScientific and Microsoft.

Michal

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stan Bobbitt
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2018 12:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: configuring Outlook 2016 with an Outlook.com account

Thank you Mario, I will give this a shot.
Stan B

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2018 1:18 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: configuring Outlook 2016 with an Outlook.com account

for anyone interested, the solution to the subject is there is a window that pops up (that appears in Windows, not Outlook) that asks for your account address and password that is not detected or accessible with either JAWS, NVDA or Narrator.

after starting Outlook, the configuration wizard comes up to setup the default profile to establish a connection and retrieve your email.
activate the yes buttons for the first two dialog and type in your name, account address, password, and again to confirm the password is correct, and finally activate the next button. once the mysterious window asking for your address, password and activating the next/OK button is accessed and completed, Outlook 2016 will connect with the account.

as far as I can tell this frustrating experience occurs if Outlook 2016 is operated in Windows 10. I'm not sure if this also occurs in Windows 7 (probably not).

so, if you have an Outlook.com account that you'd like to use with Outlook 2016 (and possibly 2013) you will need sighted assistance. grrr.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.