Re: accessible software for creating and restoring system image

Steve Sweeney

Hi,
I had the same problem. I tried just about every package out there and found nothing jaws will work with. When I asked tech support, they just said jaws didn't support any software to backup or image or clone hard drives???
I thought that was a basic function of all PC users but apparently jaws does not:-(
-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of paul lemm
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:23 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: accessible software for creating and restoring system image

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help, since I couldn't find anything that seemed completely accessible with jaws I have just used the windows built in function for creating a system image, as far as creating the image that part is completely accessible , the downside is that if I need to recover my PC using the system image I'll need some sighted assistance to help since that part wont' be supported by jaws or any other TTS software. So although not an ideal solution, at least I've got the system image stored for if I ever need it. Again thanks everyone for the reply's

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mario
Sent: 22 February 2018 14:19

so, what would you suggest as appropriate, Image For Windows or is there some other solution you know of?

-------- Original Message --------
Sent: Wednesday, Feb 21, 2018 7:40 PM EST
Subject: accessible software for creating and restoring system image

going by the directions you would not be able to restore the partitions without dos. who has dos these days and you would not have any speech to do this operation. this would be totally unacceptable

-----Original Message----- From: Mario
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:54 PM

check out
http://www.drivesnapshot.de/en/index.htm

-------- Original Message --------
Sent: Wednesday, Feb 21, 2018 5:53 PM EST
Subject: accessible software for creating and restoring system image

Hi,

So had a bit of a system failure earlier today and had to reinstall windows, its sorted the issue but taken me hours reinstalling everything back on to my PC. I understand there is a way of creating a system image, so in event of a total system failure you can just restore the computer from the saved image. I'm sure I've seen this topic come up here before, so I'm sorry to ask again, but can anyone advise of accessible software to both create and restore a system image using jaws.

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.