Re: JAWS2018, & Recognize With Jaws

Jim L

I think there’s issues as this still doesn’t work for me, I’ve done everything here suggested and am sorry there’s no virtual viewer or anything, we must be due for a Jaws 2018 update soon right?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, 19 February 2018 11:13 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS2018, & Recognize With Jaws

I just tried going to a folder of PDF’s with Windows Explorer on Windows 10 Home 64 bit with Jaws 2018, using the context menu to use the Recognize With Jaws option and got the message that the OCR component is not installed.

Yet, I have used Jaws to scan a document on my flatbed scanner.

I am always connected to the internet, so Jaws 2018 was installed while I had internet connectivity.

Is there some other mysterious install file I am supposed to find?

Richard