Not only does it not work, but after going through the installation, rebooting, waiting another 10 minutes for it to finish installing, it said there was another version already installed so this installation could not be completed. Then, while I was at the kitchen table not having touched anything else, music started playing. I asked my wife to look at the screen, and there was some video playing in another language.
I am next uninstalling everything to do with JAWS. maybe, when I can stop swearing, I will reinstall Jaws or just learn to use NVDA.
Richard

On Feb 19, 2018, at 7:54 AM, Dave... <dgcarlson@...> wrote:

...so does it still not work, or does it work now?

Dave

Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 07:41
Subject: Re: JAWS2018, & Recognize With Jaws

I tried that. Now, I tried installing the OCR feature from the Jaws download page.
Even though it was supposedly installed with Jaws 2018.
As a former Window-Eyes user, my patience for some of this stuff with Jaws is limited.
I really wanted to use a different word in that last sentence, grin.
Richard

On Feb 19, 2018, at 7:29 AM, Dave... <dgcarlson@...> wrote:

Richard,

Just give the JAWS three-finger salute and see what happens. Personally, I think the later versions of JAWS are subject to some serious memory leaks, as evidenced by my system becoming less responsive over time until I restart JAWS and wake things up again.

Dave

Sent: Monday, February 19, 2018 07:13

I just tried going to a folder of PDF’s with Windows Explorer on Windows 10 Home 64 bit with Jaws 2018, using the context menu to use the Recognize With Jaws option and got the message that the OCR component is not installed.

Yet, I have used Jaws to scan a document on my flatbed scanner.

I am always connected to the internet, so Jaws 2018 was installed while I had internet connectivity.

Is there some other mysterious install file I am supposed to find?

Richard