Re: Disabling lenovo hotkeys and jaws

Christopher Zeigler

Hello this is Chris
Try this open the windows mobility Center then look in the mobility center what I remember anyway is it there was a function key option try that.
Push Windows X and see if it's there if not hit the start button and type Windows mobility center it should come up I remember it being in Windows 10 because I have a Old Dell laptop which I upgraded to Windows 10 and it was still there.
I hope I'm making sense here.

On Feb 18, 2018 8:13 PM, "Val Paul" <vpcara79@...> wrote:
The reason I want the hotkeys disabled is because I use them, and at the moment when I press some of them, they are taking me into a different function altogether.

On 18/02/2018 23:37, Brice Mijares wrote:
Why is this person wanting to disable the function Keys. I have a Lenovo and I use the function key plus F-3 an F-4 to raise and lower the volume. Function key plus F-6 is a toggle which turns off and on the touch pad. My touch pad stays off until there is a major windows update. None of these keys  interfere with any screen reader.

On 2/18/2018 2:40 PM, Michelle's Home Emails wrote:
hi friends

you will need to get sighted help to disable the function keys through the bios. on my laptop you have to press a hidden button on side of machine as you are booting.

This is why you need sighted assistance.

Michelle
On 18 Feb 2018, at 2:12 am, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

Hi,
Have you tried calling Microsoft Accessibility support?
In my brief research, it seems that your brand does use the bios to set this, but there might be an easier solution.
800-936-5900.

Richard