Re: JAWS2018, & Recognize With Jaws

Jim L

I am using Jaws 2018

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Monday, 19 February 2018 2:03 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS2018, & Recognize With Jaws

Yes, I guess you are. What are you actually doing. You need to be on a PDF document, but not have it open. Then use your Application key and arrow down to Recognize with JAWS. Press ENTER. It will begin to process the document. This will only happen with JAWS 18 or JAWS 2018.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim L
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2018 9:49 PM

Nah nothing still happens, somehow I am missing something

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Monday, 19 February 2018 1:24 PM

You don’t have the convert files feature because you don’t have other NCH software programs on your computer.

The file doesn’t go anywhere. It is in your Vertual buffer. It can be read by arrowing up and down. If you want to copy the whole pdf into a document, use CONTROL plus A to select the whole document, then paste it into a word processor document, or into Notepad.

One thing, even when the document appears to have finished processing, it might not be finished. Use CONTROL plus the END key to get to what is at the end of the vertual buffer. Make sure it doesn’t say something like continuing processing. If it says anything like this, the document isn’t fully processed. Wait until pressing CONTROL plus END doesn’t yield this result, then select, copy to clipboard, then paste into a text editor or word processor and save.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim L
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2018 9:15 PM

Mmm I followed this with a pdf file and Jaws 2018, I kind of heard something seemed to happened but nothing appears on the screen and the file stays the same, does the recognized file go somewhere? A folder? As also there’s no convert feature either, I am using windows 7 64bit, could that be why?

Cheers,

Jim

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Monday, 19 February 2018 12:34 PM
Subject: JAWS2018, & Recognize With Jaws

Howdy Y'all,

I would like to share something I found using the Recognize With JAWS feature in Jaws2018 when I used this to read a PDF file today.

After scanning a 100 page cordless phone user manual I wanted to converted to a different format, but while in this OCR mode I couldn't bring up a file menu, but when I opened the context menu I had a convert file option.  I said, what the hell, pressed enter on it, & to my surprise a conversion program installation window popped up asking me if I would like to install, Doxillion Document Converter, by NCH Software! 

Well, I installed the little program, & this little gem will convert PDF files into something like 13 or 17 different formats.  What's even more cool, it put an option in the context menu so this program can now be used with all versions of Jaws I have installed.  I don't know exactly why or what made this installation program option pop-up, but I'm assuming it's because I've got a couple of NCH programs on my computer, and I'm sure glad it did come up!  This Doxillion Document Converter really works, gurhrhrhrhrhhrhrhrhhrhrhrhrhhrrhrhhrhr ate!

If any of you have a chance to click on the convert file option while using the Recognize with Jaws, feature, & you get this install dialogue, I would suggest running it!  If you don't like it, it can uninstalled through the Control Panel / Programs & Features.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.