Re: Lenovo Hotkeys and jaws.

James Malone

Assuming that this is a laptop, I went in and worked with someone from Office Max, and what they did was changed something in the Bios settings. They made this a permanent change.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Val Paul
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2018 4:56 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Lenovo Hotkeys and jaws.

afraid not.

On 17/02/2018 21:18, Maria Campbell wrote:
Do you have any kind of vocational school or computer classes at a
school near you that you could call and ask for a student to come and
help you?

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

--St. Francis

On 2/17/2018 4:15 PM, Val Paul wrote:
Hi Maria!

That's what i was trying to do today, but could i get it into my
neighbour's head

? No i could not! He just kept telling me to press the fn key every
time i wanted to use a jaws key.

On 17/02/2018 21:10, Maria Campbell wrote:
That's too bad. Unfortunately, I don't think the Microsoft
disability line can/will help and the people at Lenovo don't even
know what it means or why the necessity to turn off their function
keys. Really, you will have to get a sighted person to turn off the
keys within the bios.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

--St. Francis

On 2/17/2018 4:07 PM, Val Paul wrote:
Sorry no go!

On 17/02/2018 21:02, Maria Campbell wrote:
Val, just for the hell of it, try pressing your escape key plus
the function key on your pc. It might turn off the Lenovo keys and
allow the JAWS keys to work. Once you do this, to test it, press
the insert plus the f12 key to see if it tells you the time.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

--St. Francis

On 2/17/2018 3:56 PM, Val Paul wrote:
the office was closed, so had to use the disability online chat.

On 17/02/2018 18:30, Richard Turner wrote:
Were you able to call them, or did you have to use the web chat
or something?
Just curious.
I hope you can get this resolved. What a pain.

Thanks,
Richard