Re: Lenovo Hotkeys and jaws.

Val Paul

afraid not.

On 17/02/2018 21:18, Maria Campbell wrote:
Do you have any kind of vocational school or computer classes at a school near you that you could call and ask for a student to come and help you?

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

--St. Francis

On 2/17/2018 4:15 PM, Val Paul wrote:
Hi Maria!

That's what i was trying to do today, but could i get it into my neighbour's head

? No i could not! He just kept telling me to press the fn key every time i wanted to use a jaws key.

On 17/02/2018 21:10, Maria Campbell wrote:
That's too bad.  Unfortunately, I don't think the Microsoft disability line can/will help and the people at Lenovo don't even know what it means or why the necessity to turn off their function keys. Really, you will have to get a sighted person to turn off the keys within the bios.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

--St. Francis

On 2/17/2018 4:07 PM, Val Paul wrote:
Sorry no go!

On 17/02/2018 21:02, Maria Campbell wrote:
Val, just for the hell of it, try pressing your escape key plus the function key on your pc. It might turn off the Lenovo keys and allow the JAWS keys to work.  Once you do this, to test it, press the insert plus the f12 key to see if it tells you the time.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

--St. Francis

On 2/17/2018 3:56 PM, Val Paul wrote:
the office was closed, so had  to use the disability online chat.

On 17/02/2018 18:30, Richard Turner wrote:
Were you able to call them, or did you have to use the web chat or something?
Just curious.
I hope you can get this resolved.  What a pain.

Thanks,
Richard