Re: KVM switches and braille displays

Kimber Gardner

"i've done it. It will work.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

The happy ending still beckons, and it is in the hope of grasping it that we go on.—Annie Proulx

On Feb 16, 2018, at 9:45 AM, Delaunay Christophe <christophe.delaunay@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Since I have two computers but place on my desk for one screen only, I am thinking about buying a KVM switch with the two computers at one end, and the keyboard+mouse+screen set at the other end.

In addition, for the moment, when I want to switch from one computer to the other, I have two cables arriving near my braille display. I simply unplug one cable and plug the other and the display is correctly refreshed by the computer it comes to.

Now, please, does anyone know if the braille display will still be correctly handled if, instead of two cables near it, I simply plug it on the KVM switch, in addition to the keyboard and mouse?

Many thanks in advance. Have a nice day. Chris D