Re: jfw and firefox acting very sluggish

George Gray

As a completely separate issue with JAWS and FireFox (and with any
other web browser) I find that after very prolonged browsing activity
in which one opens and closes their browser many many multiple times
that the experience becomes extremely sluggish. So much so that I
have to restart my machine to rectify the problem.

I am a heavy browser user..:)

Anyone else experience this kind of behavior and have other ways of
solving the problem?

Thanks.

On 2/15/18, Stephanie Switzer <emmanrusty@...> wrote:
I’ve heard of this but I don’t currently use jaws so I can’t confirm it.
However, I can tell you that until the latest version of Firefox NVDA was
doing The same thing that you just described. I’ve seen a lot of people on
my Twitter feed say that the reason John is doing this is because VFO is
refusing to work with Mozilla to solve the problem. I don’t know if this is
true but it’s what people have said.
On Feb 14, 2018, at 7:28 PM, Jed Barton <jedbarton@...> wrote:

It looks like it's version 52 something. I didn't get the rest of the
numbers. It's really frustrating. For instance, i'll be on the gooel
home page and i'll depress the alt key. It should say file, but it
doesn't, i'll have to hit it a few times for it to work. Just slow
annoying things that quite honestly shouldn't be happening.

On 2/14/18, Sieghard Weitzel <@Sieghard> wrote:
What version of Firefox do you use? There are still issues with Jaws and
the
new Firefox Quantum or whatever they call it, this should apply with
versions starting with 57.
It is recommended that you run the latest version of Firefox ESR
(extended
service release), this version is usually intended for businesses who
want
the latest security updates but not necessarily all the latest features.

Regards,
Sieghard