Re: jfw and firefox acting very sluggish

Stephanie Switzer

I’ve heard of this but I don’t currently use jaws so I can’t confirm it. However, I can tell you that until the latest version of Firefox NVDA was doing The same thing that you just described. I’ve seen a lot of people on my Twitter feed say that the reason John is doing this is because VFO is refusing to work with Mozilla to solve the problem. I don’t know if this is true but it’s what people have said.

On Feb 14, 2018, at 7:28 PM, Jed Barton <jedbarton@gmail.com> wrote:

It looks like it's version 52 something. I didn't get the rest of the
numbers. It's really frustrating. For instance, i'll be on the gooel
home page and i'll depress the alt key. It should say file, but it
doesn't, i'll have to hit it a few times for it to work. Just slow
annoying things that quite honestly shouldn't be happening.

What version of Firefox do you use? There are still issues with Jaws and the
new Firefox Quantum or whatever they call it, this should apply with
versions starting with 57.
It is recommended that you run the latest version of Firefox ESR (extended
service release), this version is usually intended for businesses who want
the latest security updates but not necessarily all the latest features.

Regards,
Sieghard