Von: Val Paul <vpcara79@...>
Datum: 08.02.18 20:07 (GMT+01:00)
An: main@jfw.groups.io
Betreff: Re: jaws issues

Hi!

My laptop does have an Fn key.

I called the company i bought the computer from, and because he didn't have the manuel with him he's going to check it out, and called me in the morning.  He said that he's almost sure that there is a function key.

I also called the HP support line, before i spoke to the company I bought it from but the guy was extremely rude,because my friend [who has also got poor sight] gave me the wrong number. He told me that as i didn't have the correct information, he couldn't help, and i was using line space!

He also said, that i should have put my request online that is how they work before you can call them. He said that most people can find the answer they're looking for on site instead of calling them.

Val.

On 08/02/2018 18:55, mati87 wrote:
Hi Val,

Recent HP Laptops do not have a fn key to turn off the Touchpad. Usually there is a small point in the upper right or left corner directly on the touchpad which you have to double tap in order to disable or reenable it.

Mat

Von: Val Paul <vpcara79@...>
Datum: 07.02.18 23:50 (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jennifer!

Which make of laptop do you have?

I have an Hp, and have been on to their site to try to find out the function keys to turn touchpad on and off, but have had no luck.

Val.

On 07/02/2018 22:44, Jennifer Jackson wrote:
I seem to have had success  toggling the touchpad with the FN and F5 combination. I use seem because JAWS does not actually say anything when I use the function key in any combination. I do appreciate having been inspired to figure out how to toggle the touchpad though as I think that is going to be very useful.

Jennifer J

On Feb 7, 2018, at 11:24 AM, Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...> wrote:

You might have a touch pad right under the keys that you might be hitting accidentally.  It needs to be turned off.  For your own sanity, the sooner you get an external keyboard, probably the better.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

My guess is that you might accidently touch the TouchPad and that this takes you to the desktop. Get somebody to check your function keys, there is usually one which disables the TouchPad and this may very well solve much of your problem. Having said this, I rarely type on my laptop when I am at home and prefer a Logitech wireless keyboard (I have the Logitech K780).