Re: jaws 2018 and windows 7

dennis

you won't have to get use to it for another 4 years if you don't wan't to. win 7 will be around until 2022.

On 2/7/2018 11:32 AM, Val Paul wrote:
Yes, i'm afraid we will have to get used to it!

That wasn't why i sent the message, it was to settle a slight disagreement my friend and i had about windows 7 and jaws 2018.

I think also, its the unknown till we get used to it.

Val.

On 07/02/2018 17:15, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
Windows 10 is a much better operating system, I hate to say it, but you better get used to it. I remember when Windows 7 first came out a lot of blind people wanted the Windows XP look and feeel back. The familiar for some will always seem preferable over the new.

Regards,
Sieghard

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Val Paul
Sent: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 7:48 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws 2018 and windows 7

Lucky you! Wish i could go back to windows 7, but all the new computers have windows 10 already installed.

Val.

On 07/02/2018 15:20, Delaunay Christophe wrote:
Hi Val,

I'm using it for a month now and it works as I expect it to.

The exact configuration is Dell Latitude E5570 running Windows 7 64-bit Entreprise Edition Service Pack 1. The Jaws->About dialog box says "Version 2018 (Build 1712.10 ILM).

Before upgrading to Jaws 2018, I was using Jaws 17. I upgraded to 2018 because it better handles the Google Chrome browser, especially useful for me to access my employer's intranet services.

HTH, Have a nice day. Chris D